The one who has proficiency in speech-language pathology field is known as speech therapist or speech-language pathologist (SLP) or speech and language therapist. Aditi Hearing is specialized in SLP of diagnosing and rendering the treatment related to Speech Therapy such as speech disorder, language disorder, voice disorder, swallowing disorder and also with Autism spectrum disorder which falls under pediatricians and psychologists.
Recognition of Speech Therapy Disorders
Speech Therapy will help patients to speak more fluently and clearly. Speech Therapy works mainly on two factors of Articulation and fluency. However Speech therapy is related to the issues of speech, language, swallowing, and voice that occur while communicating. Some issues are as below:
- Word finding and other issues that arise either from the result of specific language impairment (SLI) such as delay in language or as a secondary characteristics issue such as dementia
- Social Communication like interacting or communicating with others in public
- Difficulties in creating sentence grammatically and modifying the meaning of the word which falls under Structural language Impairment
- Reading and writing (Literacy) Impairment.
- Voice issues like Soft Voice, hard voice, and other related issues
- Cognitive Impairment of concentration, memory and other factors that are required to indulge in communication
The elements that are considered while constructing the Speech are Phonation, Resonance, Fluency, Intonation, Pitch Variance, and Voice. Aditi Hearing provides treatment to all the ages and those who are suffering from multiple causes.
The elements that are considered in Language building are as below:
- Phonology (Sound manipulation)
- Morphology: Understanding the parts of a word, their formation and how they are related to other words of the same language
- Syntax: Building the sentence based on the rules and principles of a given language.
- Semantics: Understanding the words, phrases, signs, and symbols of communication of any given language
- Pragmatics: Understanding the social communication.
The primary causes of pediatric speech and language disorders are stuttering or non-fluency in a given language, and language-based learning disabilities, speech sound disorders, childhood apraxia of speech (CAS) and receptive and expressive language disorders.
If any problem occurs in swallowing process like oral, feeding disorder, functional dysphagia is called Swallowing disorder and the report shows multiple causes of all the ages.
The Procedure for diagnosing the Speech Therapy:
The Procedure of Speech Therapy diagnoses initially begins with,
- Recognition of communication
- Swallowing disorder
- Assessment and diagnosis
- Consultation of explaining the causes
- And follow up services of the cause and recovery
Speech, language, and swallowing disorders also occur from stroke, brain injury, hearing loss, developmental delay, a cleft palate, cerebral palsy and emotional issues. Aditi Hearing provides therapy to Individuals, groups and even for the family and also spreads awareness to the public in helping them to identify and treat the causes at the early stages for the betterment of the life.
Please feel free to reach our experts for any thing you need around the clock. Contact us now!