You cannot buy a device online and use it, because Hearing Device Fitting takes a basic challenge, an experienced audiologist will verify the device to better rendering of amplification by doing Real EAR Testing and Measures. Performing all basics test then only audiologist proceed to fit the device. However, you may need an expertise advise every time you upgrade the device version.
Hearing aids work best when fitted and adjusted properly. Learning to fit it to your ear takes right amount of time, the direction of fitting and insertion of nozzles do define the fine volume having the character of a loud deep sound to the year. Hence, audiologist is required initially.
Need of Audiologist:
That selection process of suitable device is called as hearing aid fitting, starts with an assessment of your needs and ends with follow-up visits after the customization. Knowing your lifestyle, your expectations, your personal preferences and your thoughts becomes mandatory. Your family members and your work environment preferences also prefer from person to person. It has been scaled and measured as Normal, Mild, Moderate, Severe and Profound level of Hearing. Such observation and analysis leads to better selection of Device.
Sound Range and Classifications of Hearing Loss:
A sound’s loudness is measured in decibels (dB). Normal conversation is about 60 dB, a lawn mower is about 90 dB, and a loud rock concert is about 120 dB. however, dBHL refers to decibels hearing loss.
- Normal hearing: Ability of hearing is limited to 20 dBHL. Further higher desible volume cannot be herd.
- Mild hearing loss: Hearing loss difficulty lies between 25 – 39 dBHL. At this stage you can still hear noise and sound together
- Moderate hearing loss: Bit complicated levels say 40 – 69 dBHL, this level demands hearing device, further ignorance leads to severe damage to ear drums.
- Severe hearing loss: As it says loos of hearing will be severe between 70 – 89 dBHL, require powerful hearing aids and some treatments also.
- Profound hearing loss: you cannot hear anything in this situation, you must be dependent on lip-reading and/or sign language, or some touch and feel reactions. It is must to reach a therapist.
When your hearing aid arrives at the hearing center, the hearing care professional will hook it up to the computer and program it according to your hearing loss and preferences. Some professionals choose to do the programming before you arrive and some prefer to do it while you’re there. Further, you will be trained by Experts to does and don’ts of the device.
At Aditi Hearing, we help our customers in not only fitting but also with timely support, we have complete setup and accessories to help the best for you to hear the best.
Please feel free to reach our experts for any thing you need around the clock. Contact us now!